Middle School Arts and Humanities Lesson Plans
- Color Illusions - Understand concepts of transparency.
- Color Theory - Provides an understanding of the color wheel and the relationship between colors on the color wheel.
- Completing the Puzzle - The goal of this lesson is to develop a cohesive classroom brought together through common goals, interests and compassion for one another.
- Cubism, Shading and Balance - Students work cooperatively to create a non-objective geometric design building on the work of others.
- Egyptian Murals - Grid to grid method of enlarging and the tools used by the Egyptians.
- Geometry in African Art - Create a geometric design with African themes.
- Graham Cracker Architecture - Decorating a gingerbread house.
- Japanese Rock Garden - Teach cultural diversity and appreciation.
- Learning about Pointillism - Students will learn about the work of George Seurat.
- Manzanar - The student will recognize the cultural differences between prisoners in Manzanar and themselves.
- Mixing Colors - By the end of the lesson, each child will have made their own color wheel by mixing primary colors of acrylic paint.
- Morphing Objects by Hand - This lesson has students changing an object into another object just by changing one feature at a time.
- Mural work - The goal is to guide students towards a variety of comprehensible material age appropiate, culturally sensitive, to research a concept such as Muralism.
- Musical Strokes - In this assignment, students listen to different types of music and paint the emotions they hear.
- Proportional Portraits - Create a portrait using correct proportion.
- Positive and Negative Space - Students will create pictures using white and black construction paper to illustrate the use of positive and negative space in art.
- Sharpie Shirts - Students observe the idea of disbursement during this lesson. Traditional tye-dye ink is exchanged for the Sharpie marker in this fun t-shirt activity.
- Sharing a Penguin Book - To read the book with children in groups of two or three, to point out the pictures and discuss the events.
- Tap Dancing - Working to master Jiggybops on the Barre by the end of the lesson.
- Masquerade Masques - The goals for having the Fiction theme with the personality theme is to take ones personality and apply it to a fictional identity so the children can feel more comfortable with expressing themselves in front of others.