Alphabet Lesson Plans
|Alphabet ABCs Teacher Resources||Alphabet Recognition|
- ABCs of Safety- Safety behind each letter.
- A B Cs - Categorization of the alphabet and the objects that start with the letters of the alphabet, studied in class.
- Alphabet Art- Students will examine and practice forming letters of the alphabet using a variety of mediums.
- Alphabet and the ABCDs - Practice saying alphabet relating letters to objects relating sounds of letters to objects relating sounds of letters to seeing letters.
- Alphabet Battle- Students will get exposure to the placement of the letters of the alphabet in relation to all the other letters of the alphabet.
- Alphabet Lineup- The students will be able to put the letters of the alphabet in the correct order.
- Alphabet Match - The structure for this cooperative learning lesson will be two students working together.
- Alphabet Recognition - Children will learn to identify letters of the alphabet, especially letters in their own name.
- Alphabet Review Activities- A through review of each letter using multiple methods.
- Alphabet Words- Students will identify words that begin with certain letters of the alphabet.
- Alphabetical Autobiography- Students will be able to write vivid descriptions of events/places/people of importance. Students will be able to edit their own/others' work.
- Animal Alphabet: Kindergarten Zoo- Create a "Kindergarten Zoo" to display in the hall, or turn into a class alphabet book!
- Blank Board Fill-In- On the blackboard, create a of or more sets of the basic alphabetic keys in the shape of the keyboards, without the letters on them. Put the "keyboards" side by side.
- Draw and Write The Alphabet - Students will begin to understand connections between letters and words.
- Eating Ps - Students will be able to elaborate on existing knowledge of articulating /p/.
- Farm Animals and the Alphabet - Students will identify the names of animals that begin with particular letter sounds and draw pictures to represent these living creatures.
- Learning Letters and Sounds - Pupil practices matching similar pictures.
- Learning Letters of the Alphabet - Using the letter of the alphabet are steps towards learning to read.
- Learning Letters / Sounds - To teach the pupil the letters of the alphabet and to becoming automatic in alphabet sequencing.
- Letter Recognition and Writing - Understanding letter sounds helps young children with beginning reading and writing skills.
- Learning the Letter "G" Sound - This lesson will help students recognize and respond to the sound of the letter G.
- Letter A - Mastering the recognition and writing of the letter A.
- Letters Everywhere! - The student will identify and write each letter of the alphabet.
- Moving with ABC's - To introduce new ways to learn ABC's together as a class or at home activity.
- Remember Me ABC Game - Learning what lowercase letters of the alphabet looks like.
- Reviewing Letters of the Alphabet - TLW identify the upper and lower case letters of the alphabet from a checklist.
- The Alphabet and Letters - Interact with letters in a variety of settings to better understand the letter name-sound connection.
- Who Lives in the Sea? A class book- I assigned a letter of the alphabet to each student (some had to have two). I had known that I was going to study oceans and I am a big book collector.