Biology Lesson Plans
|Arbor Day Trees||Plants|
|Evolution||Farms and Farming|
- A Biology Game To Promote Classification And Observation- Students should learn to observe with an eye to noticing differences and salient characteristics. Also students should be able to communicate these observations in a brief manner.
- A Demonstration of Photo-and Geotaxes in nauplii of Artemia salina- Students are presented with an easily observed orientation behavior of small crustaceans with respect to light and gravity, given some description of the habitat and feeding behavior of the organisms and encouraged to relate the phenomena observed to the needs of the organisms in terms of adaptation.
- Biology Trivia- 100 questions for grades 2-10.
- Biology Trivia- 101 general trivia questions.
- Biology Trivia Questions- 71 general questions for trivia.
- Careers in Vet.& Animal Science - The students will be able recognize careers in the field of animal science and veterinary science.
- Cells Are Us- The main objectives of this mini-teach are to show that the cell is the basic unit of life; that cells divide slowly to become mass of cells (mitosis); and that there is a gradual loss of cells throughout life.
- Classification- The students will observe various apples, contrasting them, and classifying the apples based on structure and color.
- Communities, Biomes, and Ecosystems - Limiting factors and ranges of tolerance are factors that determine where terrestrial biomes and aquatic ecosystems exist.
- Cooperative Learning in Biology - At the end of this cooperative lesson, the students should be able to compare and contrast between the different types of seed dispersal that they have came across and to justify their answer.
- Diffusion- Understand the movement of liquid molecules in a solid.
- Diffusion- Demonstrate diffusion of molecules of matter in various states.
- Enquirer-type Newspapers Have Many Uses- Using this high interest reading students will learn about animals, including humans and their care and feeding, photography and how to make false photos, critical thinking skills, weighing of evidence skills, research skills, the journalism techniques, citation exactness, increased judgment and scientific method skills, especially making conclusions.
- Food Chain- Create different types of food chains. Compare a balanced food chain to an unbalanced food chain.
- Food For Energy: Four Food Groups- Teach the students the importance of eating properly with a balanced diet.
- Freshwater Sharks Bite Children at 35th Beach. A Play- Students will learn about the many different scientific occupations as well as some possible specialization therein, and perhaps a little bit of other life considerations, ecological, financial, educational, sociological, and emotional as to greed, avarice, truth justice and the American Way. It integrates biology, physics, drama, chemistry, genetics engineering areas, etc.
- Introduction to Biology - Appreciate the value of using the scientific method and be able to design an experiment using the scientific method.
- Introduction to the Scientific Method- The main objective of this lesson is to get the students involved in a class activity while introducing the process of the scientific method.
- Living and Non-Living- The main objective of this mini-teach is to generalize that all living things need air, water, food and shelter.
- Memory and Learning- The teacher will introduce primary students to the various parts of the brain and provide specific activities and a plastic model designed to help improve memory.
- Nutrition- To identify and describe the main nutrients in our diets that are needed by the body as a source of energy.
- Nutrition Awareness- Estimate the basic metabolic rate (BMR), energy for voluntary activities and the energy to process food.
- Observations (collecting data)- To determine the effects of light and incline on the behavior of the earthworm.
- Problem Solving: Dots, Symbols, Words, and Proteins- Students will learn that the number and sequence of amino acids identify the protein.
- The Characteristics of Living Things- The students will identify the characteristics of living things using the method of observations.
- Watercycle- To become aware of the natural circulation of water from oceans, lakes and rivers by evaporation into the air.