Cell Biology Lesson Plans
|Cell Teaching Theme||Cells Worksheets|
|Cell Biology Lesson Plans||Cell Web Sites|
- A Phase Cells Go Through - To learn the steps of the cell division.
- Careers Inside the Cell - Students will illustrate a typical cell and its parts.
- Cell Analogies - After modeling and practice, the students will determine at least three similarities and differences between plant and animal cells by using their scientific reasoning skills.
- Cell Division and Mitosis- Students will make a slide of onion root tips and observe different phases of mitosis.
- Cell Division Part 1 - TSWD the understanding of the terms and process involved with cellular replication.
- Cell Division Unit - Class will discuss commonly understood diffusion phenomena in their lives, (e.g., perfume counter at mall, baking bread in oven).
- Cell Organelle WebQuest - The goals of this ninth-grade Biology lesson are for the students to understand plant and animal cells and to acquire technology skills to complete an assigned task.
- Cell Size and Division or How Big Would You Want To Be- For all grades: to illustrate the usefulness of models to represent things which are too small (cells or molecules) or too large in science.
- Cell Structure and Function- Identify laboratory apparatus like microscopes, slides and coverslips; use the microscopes to view cells and organisms.
- Cells, The Structural and Functional Units of Life- Have a working knowledge of the vocabulary applicable to plant and animal cells and the organelles within each cell.
- From Single Cells to Body Systems - TLW discuss the jobs of the organelles in a plant cell. TLW act out the parts of a cell and make a plant cell model.
- How Are Cells Setup? - They will learn the importance of a cell shape to carry out its specific function.
- Introduction to Meiosis - Students will recognize the similarities and differences between mitosis and meiosis.
- Parts of the Cell - SWBAT tell which organelles enable a cell to make proteins, produce energy, transport and store material, and prepare to divide.
- Plant and Animal Cells- Being able to identify parts of plant and animal cells and to describe function(s) of each part.
- The Effects Of Osmotic Balance And Imbalance In Living Cells- Students will prepare a wet mount of an elodea leaf in tap water and a wet mount of an elodea leaf in salt water for microscopic observation.
- The Stages of Mitosis - To have students fully understand mitosis and its stages.
- Transporting Cell Materials - It is important for a student to know the process of which it takes to transport and materials in and out of a cell.
- What's In a Cell - Students will label a cell's common structures and identify the functions of a cell's components.
- What is Inside a Cell? - In this lesson, students will gain an understanding of the components of a cell.