Insect Lesson Plans
|Skills Workbook- Insects||Internet Comp. - Insects|
|Mixed Skills Workbook- Insects||Insect Worksheets|
|Insect Web Sites For Teachers||Reading Comp.- Insects Theme|
|Insects Teaching Theme||Word Scrambles - Insects Theme|
- Africanized Honey Bees on the Move Lesson Plans- K-12 lesson plans.
- Bee Unit Study- For grade 1 teachers.
- Bugs! Lesson Plan- "Students will tear colored paper into shapes appropriate to imaginary insects. Shapes will be arranged and glued to a background sheet."
- Bug Go- "Bug-go is designed to help the players learn to identify some insects while learning which insects are beneficial and interesting facts about others."
- Butterfly & Caterpillar- Investigate and understand basic needs and life processes of plants and animals. Plants and animals live and die (go through a life cycle) Off springs of plants and animals are similar but not identical to their parents and one another.
- Butterfly or Moth?- This lesson focuses on the how to differentiate butterflies from moths.
- Choose an Insect- Students will write a short report addressing important facts about particular insects' lifestyle.
- Classroom Mascots- An insect unit isn't complete without live insects in the classroom. Many students like to bring insects for 'show and tell.'
- How Fast Do Ants Go?- This activity is designed so students can make discoveries about some important aspects of biology as a science.
- Insects All Year- A lesson per month.
- Learning in Cockroaches- To see, if by providing a positive stimulus, students can detect learning in cockroaches. A secondary purpose is to provide students with the opportunity to carefully observe and work with an insect they normally find offensive.
- Spiders and Insects- Students will be able to identify the characteristics of spiders and insects. They will be able to compare and contrast spiders and insects.
- Spooky Spiders
- Termite Trails- Students will observe the behavior of termites and draw conclusions about their behavior.
- Using Insects in the Classroom- The objectives of this page are to give educators basic information about insects and ideas on how to use insects in the classroom.