Health Lesson Plans
Abuse | Conflict
Resolution | Decision
- Grade 2 | Grade
3 - Grade 5
School | High
School | Health
Abuse | Viral
and Bacterial Infections
- Americans Then and Now - In this
lesson, students will examine the differences between the lives
of Americans today and fifty years ago. They will look for changes
in our lifestyle that have impacted our health.
- Bag Story - This is a good activity
to do in the beginning of the year. Students have an opportunity
to tell about themselves in a fun and different way.
- Bike Safety - In this lesson, students
plan an obstacle course where people can practice bike safety rules.
- Cross Contamination of Food
- It is important for students to know how to be safe when they
are cooking. In this lesson students will review what they know
about cross contamination and ways they can help prevent it.
- Debunking the Advertising - Students
are bombarded with images of 'perfect' people all the time. This lesson
helps them assess what message is being sent when magazines use Photoshop
and airbrushing to alter photos.
- Dem Bones - All the bones in our body
have unique characteristics. In this lesson, students will identify those
characteristics while they are building a paper skeleton.
- Eggs and Tooth Enamel - This experiment is
about what decay can do to your tooth enamel. Students get a first-hand
look at what happens when plaque builds up on their teeth.
- Emergency Central Nervous System - In this
lesson, students will get up out of their chairs and demonstrate how the
central nervous system works in an emergency.
- First Aid Kit - The student will be
able to identify the objects in a first aid kit.
- Healthy or Not Healthy - Students
have to make choices every day about what they eat. Helping them think
critically about foods is important to encouraging them to have a healthy
- A Map of My Mouth - In this lesson, students
create a map of their mouth while looking in the mirror. They note how
many teeth they have and which kinds.
- My De-Stress Plan - Students lead
busy lives and as they reach young adulthood, they get busier. In this
lesson, students take time to figure out what helps them relax.
- My Family - Families can be very diverse.
In this lesson, students share what their families are like using a variety
- Pyramid Matching Game - In this lesson,
students have to match the correct food to its place on the pyramid.
- Reading the Label - In this lesson, students
will learn how to read a food label. They will have to find information
about ingredients, calories, and nutrition.
- Self esteem - Students this age are
often able to find many things wrong with themselves. This lesson challenges
them to focus on the positive aspects of who they are.
- Using Our Sense of Hearing - In this lesson,
students cannot see so they must use their sense of hearing to play the
- What Do You See - In this lesson,
students examine the body's symmetry. They will compare pictures of people
and look at how symmetrical their features are.
- What's in There - Healthy eating
starts with awareness. In this lesson students learn how to read the ingredient
label on foods.
- Working Out - In this lesson students
will study the benefits of being physically active. They will explore
what that term means to them and find at least three ways they can be
Other Health Lesson Plans
- A Pintura: Art Detective-
An on-line lesson, which models learning through mystery.
- Healthy Choices for Kids-
Provides a great deal of curriculum help for teaching about healthy lifestyles.
- Neat Health-
12 categories of lessons to choose from.
Away Tooth Decay- The students will learn about good dental hygiene.
The students will talk about what is good for your teeth and what is bad.
Management- Students will be able to identify some causes of stress.
Students will be able to identify ways in which they can minimize stress
in their life.