Kindergarten to Grade 2 Early Elementary Health Lesson Plans
- Dairy & The Food Pyramid - Students will be able to identify the parts of the Food Pyramid and will know details are the dairy portion of the chart.
- Handwashing - The students will be able to wash hands independently. The students will understand the purpose of proper handwashing.
- I Can Feel My Heart Beat - Learning about how our hearts help keep us healthy.
- Mental Health and Stress Reduction - My main goal for this lesson is that my students will better understand the importance of being optimistic and to have a positive outlook on life.
- My Family - Families can be very diverse. In this lesson, students share what their families are like using a variety of materials.
- Popcorn just makes more sense - Working on all senses.
- Pyramid Matching Game - In this lesson, students have to match the correct food to its place on the pyramid.
- Using Our Sense of Hearing - In this lesson, students cannot see so they must use their sense of hearing to play the game.
- What Makes Us Grow - To help children see the importance of eating healthy and getting exercise to help them grow stronger each day.
- Who Are You? - The students will discuss poems about liking yourself as a class.
More Lesson Plans Like These
- A Meal Map
- Combining Foods
- Eating Patterns
- Food Pyramid Power:
- Food Pyramid Power: Looking Back and Moving Forward
- Pyramid Power
- Sorting Foods
- Try for Five