Grade 9 to 12 High School Health Lesson Plans
- Debunking the Advertising - Students are bombarded with images of 'perfect' people all the time. This lesson helps them assess what message is being sent when magazines use Photoshop and airbrushing to alter photos.
- Effective Communication - After this lesson, the student will be able to use basic communication skills, speaking, listening, and body language, to promote effective communication.
- Effects of Tobacco Usage - The learning will be able able to demonstrate their knowledge of the effects of the use of tobacco on the human body.
- Evaluate Health Information - Student will use decision-making skills and their knowledge of health information to demonstrate ways to utilize criteria to evaluate health information.
- Health, Your Best Aspect - Educating students on how to treat their mind and bodies to the best of their ability.
- Introduction of the Knee - For the students to know what the bones, ligaments, and tendons, and muscles are that support the knee.
- Introduction to Health Concepts - Students come into contact with the concept of sex everyday and most of the time they are on their own in terms of what they decide to think about what they hear and see.
- My De-Stress Plan - Students lead busy lives and as they reach young adulthood, they get busier. In this lesson, students take time to figure out what helps them relax.
- Stop the Violence - Students will be able to recognize and explain that violence is learned and often carried out through the media.
- Stress Managment - After learning to identify the causes of stress and their reactions to this stress, students will create a stress book.
- What's in There - Healthy eating starts with awareness. In this lesson students learn how to read the ingredient label on foods.
- Working Out - In this lesson students will study the benefits of being physically active. They will explore what that term means to them and find at least three ways they can be active.
Grade 9 to 12 High School Health Lessons From Other Sites
- Are the Best Things in Life Free?
- Cardiac Output, Rates of Change, and Accumulation
- Gather Data
- How Long Is Your Life?
- The Price We Pay for Health: US and Canada