Drama and Theater Lesson Plans
- Acting Out a Message Using Toys - This activity helps develop auditory memory as well as meting sentence level step 6 from the Auditory Learning Guide.
- Broadway Classroom- Broadway Classroom offers workshops for groups attending Broadway shows to enrich their theatrical experience! The site features a great deal of show information and educator resources for integrating Broadway into the classroom.
- Character Creation through Puppetry - Students will create puppets and a play for them to partake in.
- Death and Drama of The Pigman- Nine activities for The Pigman, including turning it into a play.
- Drama Games - The children should start off with games that introduce themselves and their hobbies.
- Dramatic Feelings- Students will examine a feeling word and represent it in a dramatic presentation. Through this, students will present and observe the different situations that different feelings can exist in.
- Dramatic Play Centre Ideas- An alphabetical list of possible dramatic play centres / centers.
- Emotion Locomotion- Naming feelings and marching in a parade to express them help children develop and improve.
- Everybody's a Winner- Dramatic play activity based on Arthur the Loser.
- Film Making Process - Student learning the entire process (start to finish) of what goes into making a film.
- Greek Theatre and Masks - Students learn the significance of mask in Greek Theater.
- Hamlet Act IV Scene 1-3 - Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of drama and provide evidence from text to support their understanding.
- Juliek's Last Performance in Night - Students will read chapter 6, the end of the Death March scene in Night, and read the final moments of Juliek's life, discovering the power of music as a means of expressions.
- Jump Into A Story - Students will participate in acting out a story that was recently read in class.
- Medea and Greek Amphitheater - The students will understand the time period of the Greek tragic drama and how it was performed.
- Multicultural Theater in Music- This curriculum unit is designed to help fourth and fifth grade students acquire musical and dramatic skills and knowledge.
- Relating Film to Real Life - Relate the film Avatar to life. Students will work together to find historical parallels between the Na'vi and the American Indians.