Space and Astronomy Lesson Plans
|Space Teaching Theme||Weather, Space, Volcanoes Workbook|
|Space Theme Workbook||Weather, Space, Volcanoes Workbook Vol. 2|
- A Trip to Jupiter - Students will use this information to create a brochure to advertise (a future class assignment) a travel resort on Jupiter.
- Challenger Center for Space Science Education- A wide range of downloadable resources, creative activities and educational programs � to help them unlock young imaginations.
- Edible Earth - Students will be able to identify the 4 layers of Earth and describe their unique characteristics.
- Exploration of Our Universe - This lesson introduces students to the key properties and features of the planets in our solar system, starting with Mercury and working outward.
- Exploring Planets in the Classroom- 25 hands-on science activities are provided in classroom-ready pages for both teachers and students for exploring Earth, the planets, geology, and space sciences.
- How Big Is That Star?- Students will be able to explain the relationship between radius and mass among a list of stars. Students will understand how a binary star system's orbit can cause changes in the observed brightness of the system.
- How Astronauts Suits Have Changed - Improvements made to Astronaut's Space Suits over the years.
- How Much Rock is in an Icy Moon?- To calculate the percentages of rock and ice in the moons of the outer planets.
- Members of The Solar System - The planets and the other minor members of the solar system.
- NASA Lewis Teacher Resource Center- over 200 lessons.
- Objects in Our Solar System - Students will have an understanding of the main components of our solar system and how they interact.
- Phases of the Moon- A great explanation!
- Planet For Sale!- Marketing a Planet's value, can be a fun and rewarding educational experience!
- Planet Brochures - Students will become more familiar with the other planets in our Solar System (size, color, distance from the Sun, distance from Earth, etc).
- The Earth and its Moon - Students will understand that the Earth rotates once each day on its axis, this is cause of night and day.
- The Solar System- The students will be able to identify the nine planets and all their features and characteristics. The students will be able to understand the interaction and organization in the solar system and the universe and how it affects life on Earth.
- The Sun - We are going to use our Safe "sun" glasses experiment to view the sun but not actually look directly at it.
- Stanford SOLAR Center- Exciting activities, images, interactive tools, text, and other resources to let you research our special star -- the Sun.
- Student Experimental Payload Program-Brand new site still under development.
- Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS)- Image archive and lessons
- Students Orbit the Solar System - Students will develop an understanding of the nine planets and an appreciation for the earth's place in the solar system.