Basic Math Operations Lesson Plans
|Addition Math Trail Worksheet||Missing Digit Addition Math|
|Addition Math Crossnumbers||Money Worksheet Maker|
|Addition Starter Pack||Multiplication Starter Pack|
|Math Bingo Addition||Subtraction Starter Pack|
|Math Puzzle Maker||Basic Word Problems|
- Addition and Subtraction Practice - Students will be able to explain what carry forward and what borrow means in relation to math.
- Card Play - The ability to use mental math and come up with problem solving techniques.
- Comprehension: Stripes - Learners will demonstrate their ability to read, solve, and represent addition story problems by using the circle drawing technique.
- Division For Third Graders- To use measurement to demonstrate division.
- Easter Egg Hunt- This lesson uses plastic eggs to help students learn how to solve word problems.
- Establishing Base line Math Skills - Determine student's ability in solving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
- Estimation- Working off the game of estimating the number of objects in a large jar, students practice estimation skills.
- Expressions from Sentences- Learn to turn word sentences into algebraic expressions.
- Help students stay focused on long division problems- I expect them to write down the D,M,S and down arrow right next to every single division problem that they have to solve.
- Increasing Speed with Addition and Subtraction - Increase your speed and accuracy week to week.
- Integers: Quick, Fun, Easy to Learn -This will give the students the knowledge to extend the whole number system in both directions as well as magnitude.
- Introduction to Problem Solving- The students will be able to read, organize, and solve a word problem.
- Kindergarten Math Lessons to meet CA Standards- Students sort and classify objects.
- Magic Squares = Unknowns - Using literature and the topic of magic squares, students will be introduced to finding unknowns.
- Multi-Step Math Problems- Students will be able to read and determine which mathematical process to use in solving a multi-step problem.
- Multiplication Grouping - The goal for this lesson is for students to understand how addition and multiplication go hand and hand.
- PIG/HOG- PIG is an addition game, played between two or more students (but they CAN play alone!). Sometimes I have the whole class play & I keep score.
- Problem Solving Techniques- Solve problems that arise in mathematics and in other contexts.
- Steps To Reading Math Problems - Given word problems, students will identify the sequence of events, using the words first, next, and then to find solutions to the problems.
- Tip for long division- When teaching long division, students often forget what to do next after they bring down a number.
- To regroup of NOT to regroup - SBAT understand when regrouping is necessary and when it is not.