Available Teacher Resource Guides on English Language Arts Topics
We all know how critical English Language Arts is to the development of society. After all, English Language Arts helps people to listen, read, speak, visualize, and write. Life would be an uncontrollable mess without these main core areas. Effective listeners and good communicators are needed in society on both a personal and professional level.
Worldwide English is third among natively spoken languages. Trailing behind Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. There are an estimated 400 million native English speakers. There are an additional 400 million fluent second language speakers. An additional 750 million people speak English as a foreign language. When you take into consideration second and foreign language speakers, English is the most frequently used language in the world.
English Language Arts has five identifiable components including listening, reading, speaking, viewing, and writing. In this section of our site we provide you detailed teacher guides on these area. We also point out available teacher resources on these areas. If you are looking for Common Core Aligned materials, we would recommend English Worksheets Land. Pick a theme from our selection of popular themes and topics and find links to a variety of resources that will help you to develop lessons that are challenging, exciting, and fun for students!
- Alphabet- Features a number of great printables and ideas for teaching ABCs.
- Community Helpers- Offers a number of great ideas.
- Creative Writing- A number of very helpful lessons to curb writer's block.
- Following Directions - For Kindergarten through High School.
- Grammar- Offers a variety of tips and printables.
- Graphic Organizer Theme- What are graphic organizers and how do we use them?
- Great Authors - A look at the most influential authors.
- Handwriting- One stop for teaching handwriting.
- Harry Potter- Contains a number of useful resources on the series.
- Letters and Sounds- Great for reading and language extensions.
- Nursery Rhymes- All the classics!
- Owl's Journey- A helpful guide to use with the book Owl's Journey.
- Parts of Speech- All eight reviewed with an explosion of ideas, worksheets, and lessons.
- Phonics- Great for teaching novice readers.
- Presentations- Helpful tips for software and public speaking skills.
- Print Publishing- Great project ideas.
- Reading Comprehension - Helpful tips to get them reading.
- Rubrics- Rubrics make grading easier and clear for both teachers and students.
- Spelling- Spelling activities you may have not seen before.
- Study Skills - Help students to explorer how they learn best.
- Teacher Timesavers - We put together our best resources for speeding your day.
- The Wishful Penny- A helpful guide to use with the book The Wishful Penny.
- Types of Writing- We look at various forms of writing and offer lesson plans and worksheets to help.
- Vocabulary- Just about anything you could ever want or need for a vocabulary unit.
- Winter Olympics- In the spirit of the games.
- Wizard Of Oz- Useful sites to use with the book.