China, Chinese Lesson Plans
- A Grain of Rice vs. The Grain of Rice- Compare both books and discuss which book has a richer text.
- China The Country - The goal is to create student groups of three who will complete an online scavenger hunt focused on China.
- China Unit Kickoff - To help students debunk the myths they hold about China.
- Cultural Effects of The Great Wall of China for the Chinese- Upon viewing a Powerpoint presentation or a video on China and reading the lesson in the textbook, the students will show their understanding of how The Great Wall influenced Chinese culture by writing a 3 paragraph essay.
- Debate on Censorship- This Lesson was designed to be used in conjunction with the study of Ancient China, but is extremely adaptable to many times and cultures.
- Exploring the Silk Road - This lesson plan introduces kids to vocabulary terms associated with eastern trade and Marco Polo's journeys to China.
- One Country / Two Systems- In this lesson, you will visit web sites that will help you compare and evaluate the economic and political systems of China and Hong Kong.
- The Eyes of the Empress: Women in Tang Dynasty China- Take advantage of the interest in Disney's movie, Mulan, to create a China based curriculum unit. Here are some links to help you get started!
- The Three Doctrines & Legalism- Buddhist, Taoist, Confucianist, Legalist: How would each behave when faced with the same problem?