Arbor Day Tree Lesson Plans
|Arbor Day Theme||Plant Life Resources|
|Arbor Day Worksheets||Rainforest Worksheets|
|Botany Web Sites||Rainforest Theme|
|Cellular Biology Workbook||Science Graphic Organizers|
|Cyber-Starters, Trees Workbook||Science Literacy|
- A Tall Trees Simulation- In this lesson, students will better understand that the environmental factors of an area affect a species's characteristics over time.
- Arbor Day Across the United States- Use a color-key map to learn about planting times, then create your own Arbor Day color-key map.
- Arbor Day Lesson Plan- Students learn about the reasons for celebrating Arbor Day. Integrates Be Friends to Trees by Patricia Lauber.
- Biggest Trees in the United States- Complete the chart to show the locations and sizes of some of the biggest trees in the United States.
- How are Leaves Alike and Different- An idea that applies to all grade levels.
- How Does Your Tree Measure Up?- Complete the chart that shows locations and sizes of some of the biggest trees in the United States.
- Identifying Trees by Leaves - Students will be able to recognize common trees by sight and gain a familiarity with the resources and procedures to tree identification for unknown species.
- Kirigami: The Ancient Art of Paper Cutting- Practice the ancient art of kirigami to create a stylized tree silhouette.
- Lesson Plans for Forest-Minded Teachers- Over 20 lessons ranging for K-12 grades.
- My Tree Book- Students will "adopt" a tree and throughout the year will record and examine its characteristics and the changes that it goes through.
- The Great Plant Escape- You will find that plants are an important part of your life. We will need your help to find clues, do experiments, and solve problems as we journey into the world of plants.
- Tree Journal- In this activity children develop their observation skills by applying their senses to the study of life in and around a single tree. The observations can be done as a whole class project in school or as an individual project at home.
- Tree Measurement- This Explorer activity is used to help students understand vertical and horizontal measurement of large objects.
- Uses of Trees- The students will identify 3-4 ways how trees are used. The students will produce 3 leaf rubbings using one color for each leaf.