1st Grade Math Worksheets (Grade 1 - For Ages 6 to 7)
These math worksheets are designed specifically for grade 1 students. Everything is aligned directly with the core math curriculum. They are geared for students usually of age six to seven. You will find the topics and math skills below are perfect for students in this age bracket.
We also have a full "Do Now" math section for this grade level available here. Do nows are great for quick review and warm-ups.
- Counting to 10 in Columns | Answer Key - The UFO forgot to finish the number sequence. Help an alien out please!
- Count Backward From Ten | Answer Key - Follow the path of the cannon blast. Man is it windy!
- Count to 20 by 2s | Answer Key - Practice counting by 2s. The start of skip counting.
- Count to 30 by 3s | Answer Key - Help Crabby Carl out. He is one hungry crab. Reminds me of myself, right before lunch time.
- Count to 40 by 4s | Answer Key - Ahoy! Pirate Pete has to walk the plank. You can make this one into a game.
- Count to 100 by 5s | Answer Key - It's really rainy out. The rain drops in packs of 5s. Count up to 100.
- Count to 90 by 6s | Answer Key - Help Jake get all the popsicles back to his class. He needs 90 of them and they come in packs of 6.
- Adding 1s and 2s | Answer Key - We work on simple sums that all in one or two. We placed those numbers on the bottom. This way students can get a hang of the pattern.
- Adding 3s and 4s | Answer Key - You have to love our make shift lollipops. Don't laugh!
- Adding 5s and 6s | Answer Key - Ice cream anyone? If you have a color problem when printing, we find gray scale works best for non color copies.
- Adding 7s and 8s | Answer Key - We worked really hard on this one to make it pretty. I guess my head was in the clouds.
- Adding 9s and 0s | Answer Key - We got all triangle happy. We set it up this way so that it could be played as a cooperative game. The correct answer gets the square.
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems - We present you with the case of Crissy the bunny. Boy, does she ever like to play and eat well.
- Subtracting 0s, 1s and 2s | Answer Key - This is a fun critical thinking activity. Who would have ever thought crayons and critical thinking go together?
- Subtracting 3s, 4s, 5s | Answer Key - Throw a little circle subtraction into your life. Match the circles to they differences.
- Subtracting 6s, 7s, 8s, and 9s | Answer Key - This is an out of this world subtraction activity, pun blantantly intended. Color the stars based on the difference inside them.
- Matching Subtraction Problems | Answers - This is a little unique, match the visual problem to the difference problem. This really solidifies the concept.
- Write the Difference - We ask students to generate their own problem to end up with the stated difference.
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems - There is space to the right of each problem for you to show your work.
Mixed 1st Grade Math Skills
- Circling Odds and Evens | Answer Key - Problem number three needs to be read carefully. It does trick a few kids who fly through it.
- Counting Tally Marks | Answer Key - Add up the tallies and write how many tally marks you see in total.
- Counting Tallies of 5s | Answer Key - We focus on the use of tallies in packs of 5. This is a different skill for some children.
- 1st Grade Do Now Math Worksheets
- Making Tally Marks | Answer Key - We focus on the use of tallies in packs of 5. This is a different skill for some children.
- Recognizing Odds and Evens | Answer Key - Students will determine if there are an even or odd number of pencils. Once they do, throw them in the pencil case.