|Light and Color Background Sites|
|Light and Color Teaching Theme|
Light and Color Lesson Plans
- Bending Light- Ever reached down into the bath tub water to grab a toy and found that it was not in the position it appeared to be?
- Color Illusions - Understand concepts of transparency.
- Just Passing Through; Transparent - TSWBAT define the terms transparent, translucent, and opaque and explain how light reacts when it comes in contact with objects of these types.
- Exploratorium Science Snacks About Light- Experiment with colors that contain white.
- Pennies, Pressure, Temperature, and Light- The major goal of this lesson is to collect data from a variety of experiments, and then determine what type of model best fits the data, and explain why.
- Properties of Light - Students will understand how light travels. Students will experiment with flashlights and mirrors, and random objects.
- Reflect or Absorb Light?- The students will be able to understand the concept of light absorption and light reflection.
- Seeing the Sun in a New Light- About the observation of "coronal holes," by x-rays, also about related fast streams and moderate magnetic storms that recur at 27 day intervals.
- Using Bubbles to Learn about Light Interference- To understand the wave properties of light, especially the phenomenon of interference.
- What Makes Shadows?- Students learn about shadows as they observe and draw the shadow of a classmate. In the extension activity, students observe and discuss shadows changing over time.