Eighth Grade Math Worksheets (Grade 8 - For Ages 13 to 14)Math in the 8th grade begins to prove more substantial as far as long range skills students will use and need. Students work towards mastery with the basic order of operations. Expressions, function tables, probability as begin to work at the core of this grade level. We also have another 30 or so "Do Now" math worksheets for grade 8 students here.
Beginning of the School Year
These worksheets are building off of last year's skills. They are part of the eighth grade curriculum, but they are usual learned in one shot. In our experience it is because they are very concrete skills that don't need much explanation.
- Compare Exponents
- Function Tables
- Math Operations and Reasoning
- Surface Area
- Circle the Irrational Numbers
- Operations with Exponents
- Scientific Notation
- Venn Diagrams
These problems actually take more time to understand and may take two or three passes to really catch on.
- Evaluate Expressions
- Writing Expressions
- Rewriting Fraction Equations
- Order of Operations
- Surface Area
- Determine the Slope of a Line
These are the skills that not everyone can grasp in just a few times going over it. These also happen to be the skills that many students have trouble with on standard tests.
- The Truth of Inequalities
- Probability as a Fraction
- Solve Simultaneous Linear Equations
- Monomial, Binomial, and Polynomial Operations
- Graphing Linear Inequalities
- Using Pythagorean Theorem
- Midpoints and Equations of Straight Lines