50 States Of America Lesson Plans
50 States Printable Series : East North Central States
- Knowing Where You Are- Students research place names in their state and discover and analyze the varied sources of these place names.
- Made in the U.S.A.- Students map products made in the United States.
- Our Government Scavenger Hunt - Students go on a paper scavenger hunt to learn about the United States Constitution and government.
- Seeking Super Cities - Did you ever want to move to another city in the United States? If so, come travel with us on a Super City Search. Researchers, start your engines!
- State Brochure- A printable template for making a state brochure. This template could be adapted for making a country brochure as well.
- State Names- Using multiple representations, students analyze the frequency of letters that occur in the names of all 50 states.
- United States All the Way- Students will love to learn about their country's patriotic symbols and will have a book that will show their pride at the conclusion of the lesson.
- United States of America Tag - Students will by the end of this game have had review on the general location of where each state in the USA is located.
- Vacation Destination - Students use their research skills to collect and present information in persuasive speeches by acting as travel agents trying to persuade classmates to visit their states while on vacation.
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in the U.S.A.? - Students learn facts and select information about other states by playing a form of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? where they create questions and gather information to answer questions by using a variety of reference sources.