United States History Lesson Plans
- Contrasting the North and South during the Civil War - Evaluating characteristics of the regions pre-war.
- Criminal Justice Today - Student will have a working knowledge of the history of crime in america and how the UCR work.
- Founding Fathers - The student understand traditional historical points of reference in U.S. history from 1877 to the present.
- George Washington's Presidency - Discuss the steps Washington took to make the new government work.
- Gandhi: A Memoir - Gandhi's appearance, personality and beliefs, and their contribution to India's Independence.
- National Geographic Explorer - To have the students work together to gain information about Sacagawea. To have the students use their skills as reporters to gain information.
- New York City - Take a look at the Bug Apple.
- Poetry and Paul Revere - Review concepts of basic poetry reviewing the role Paul Revere played during the American Revolution.
- Progressive Reform Era - Students understand how economic factors have influenced historical events.
- Shopping at the Market - This lesson introduces Mexican food and the history behind it.
- The Evolution of The African American Experience - I will use two key figures in history (Frederick Douglass & Martin Luther King) to illustrate both the late Antebellum period and Civil Rights movement.
- The Korean War - The student will understand the origin of the Korean war, as well as its lasting effects.
- The Man Who Was Almost A Man - Students will make connections between the events and social attitudes of the time period, its influences on the author and the author's work.
- The Seven Wonders of the World - The students will be able to identify, locate and explain the 7 wonders of the world.
- United States History Lesson Plans by George Cassutto- Offers a great number of lesson plans aimed at the 7th grade.
- United States Winter Celebrations - Students will be able to identify the history of winter holidays in their own families and communities.
- U.S. History Timeline Web Links - They will identify if the web sites are vaild sourses then students will create a resource for others to use when studing United States historical events.
- Valuing Culture and Ethnicity - The students will be able to identify cultural and ethnic influences and characteristics in art.