Lesson Plan Title : Understanding Business Publications
Overview and Purpose: We introduce students to the world of publications for business.
Vocabulary in Notes:
Balance, proximity/unity, alignment, repetition/consistency, contrast, white space.
1.Student's will understand business publications
2. Design Principles
3. Target Audience and Purpose of Publication
Textbooks, Computers, Smartboard, Projector, Test Bank, Post-It Paper, Markers
1.What are five design principles and what impact do they have on publications?
2.What are four characteristics of the target audience that affect the design and development of publications?
3.What publication is the most effective means for communicating information to the selected audience and for the selected topic?
1.Have students identify various publication information from an assortment of publications (Ex. business cards, letterhead, flyers, brochures, and newsletters)
2.PowerPoint demonstration on Design Principles
3.Notes explaining design principles
1.Group Publication Examination Handout
2. PowerPoint/Smartboard Demonstration
3. Research on the Internet on new concepts
1.Matching vocabulary words
2.Students classifying design principles
3.Identify traits of the target audience
Accommodations (Differentiated Instruction):
1. Modify assignments for some IEP students
2. Let students choose what type of publication they want to identify design principles
3. Let students choose what type of publications and traits of their own target audience based on a business of their interest that they would like to own.
1.Create a PowerPoint about what they learned in the lesson
2.Create a project displaying design principles they learned in class