Handwriting Teaching TipsTips For Teaching Handwriting
1. Work on hand-eye coordination with craft projects.
2. Work on skills one at a time. Letter Height, Spacing, Slants, and Line Alignment.
3. Once all skills are mastered begin to group skills together.
4. Use high-frequency words and words that have meaning to students.
5. Provide parents with a handwriting guide.
Handwriting Tips for Lefties:
6. Position the paper to the extreme left of the child's mid-line.
7. Angle the paper so that it is parallel with the child's forearm
8. Put masking tape on their desks to help them align the paper.