General Elementary Book Lesson Plans
Book Lesson Plans Title By Title:
- ABC!- Exploring the ABCs in Childrens Literature.
- Author Study For Kindergartners- Encourage students to become life-long readers to develop a love of being read to and "reading".
- Battle of the Books- They read these books during silent reading time in class and for their 20 minutes per night that are required.
- Best School Year Ever- I use The Best School Year Ever to start my 4th graders off.
- Blustery Day!- Exploring the wind in children's literature.
- Book Report- This month you will be creating a board game for your book report.
- Bookbag ideas: Collection- I call my book bags "Snuggle Packs"...so parents and children can snuggle up together and read.
- Bookbag ideas: Collection- Part 2 of the above lesson.
- Charlie, the Caterpillar- Integration of literature, music and drama.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom- I used tempera paints and sponges to paint a palm tree onto my chalkboard that is magnetic.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom- Innovate the story of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by changing the letters in the alphabet with the children in your classroom.
- Chicka Chicka Challenge- As a first grade teacher, I used this book top start my year off. I decorated my door with small palm trees.
- Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom/ Chicka Challenge- Here is a chance to get all of those wonderful Chicka - Chicka- Boom-Boom- ideas together in one spot!
- Dr.Seuss- Here is one week of a much longer unit.
- Knowing your ABC's- Students will review facts from a previously studied work of literature.