December Holiday Lesson Plans
|December Holidays Around the World||Hanukkah Lesson Plans|
|Christmas Lesson Plans||Kwanzaa Lesson Plans|
|December Monthly Helpers||Religions of the World Lesson Series|
|Ultimate December Printable Series||Holidays Teacher Starters|
- Beanie Baby Prices Soar - During December 1997, The Washington Post published an article about the debut of the Princess Beanie Baby. A Beanie Baby retailer, interviewed by the Post, indicated there was strong demand for the new stuffed animal.
- Christmas Lesson Plans
More Lesson Plans From Other Sites
- December Days: Ten Activities to Celebrate a Month of Special Days! - The holiday season is upon us! Whether you observe Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or all of these, the Web is your source for holiday cheer. How do you make soofganiyot?
- December: A Month of Multicultural Holiday Celebrations - Do your students celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Three Kings Day? Maybe they celebrate St. Lucia Day or Ramadan.
- Diwali-Hindu New Year - Students will recognize that countries and religions have celebrations unique to their culture and beliefs.
- Does December Spell "Dilemma" In Your School? - Emphasize holiday education instead of celebration for a peaceful season.
- Emphasize the Giving -- Not the Getting -- This Holiday Season - Are your students too focused on the "gimme" elements of the holiday season? Teach about the true meaning of the season by emphasizing the giving over the getting.
- Holidays Around The World - A look at many different cultures.
- Hanukkah Lesson Plans
- Intro. to Holidays in December - Students will learn what the three main holidays celebrated in the month of December are.(Christmas, Hanukkah ,Kwanzaa) -Students will learn the names of these three holidays & will be expected to know the correct spelling of each.
- Kwanzaa Lesson Plans
- Moon Over Mecca - Create a portrait representing Ramadan with the phases of the moon.
- Ramadan (Islamic Holiday) - Students will recognize that different groups of people have celebrations unique to them. Students will identify countries on a map where Islam is a dominant religion.
- Ramadan (Islamic Holiday) - Learn about Ramadan, a month-long observance celebrated by Muslims around the world.
- Signing Times Volume 4 Family Fun and Feelings - Model signing vocabulary to use in the Silly Pizza Song and In a House song.
- The Whole World Celebrated Christmas! Right? - This lesson is for use during the weeks before the Christmas break. This will be great for middle school students. It is a comparison of the other religious holidays that are celebrated around this same time of year.