Cinco De Mayo Lesson Plans
|Cinco De Mayo Teaching Theme||Spanish Lesson Plans|
|Cinco De Mayo Worksheets||Spring Alphabetization Workbook|
|Cinco De Mayo Theme Workbook||Spring Spelling Workbook|
|Ocean Teaching Theme||Spring Teaching Theme|
|May Monthly Helper Workbook||Spring Worksheets|
- A Comparison of the Celebrations of Cinco de Mayo - Cinco de Mayo has become a popular holiday in the United States. In this lesson, students research and compare the different ways a holiday is celebrated in Mexico and the United States.
- A Map of Mexico - In this activity, students use Google maps to locate important cities and topographical features.
- A Sculpted Fiesta Feast - Students are able to get messy as they create a traditional Mexican feast using sculpting clay and paint.
- Fun with Pinatas - In this activity, students celebrate Cinco de Mayo by making their own miniature pinatas.
- Graphing Mexican Immigration - The student will be able to create a chart showing the increase or decrease in Mexican immigrants over the last 100 years.
- Mariachi Concert - Students work together to create a poster advertising a concert by a mariachi band. They gather the information they need from the Internet and put together an advertisement for their band.
- Mexican Charades - Students use their acting skills to try to have their teammates understand which symbol they are acting out in this game of Mexican charades.
- Mexican Memory Match - This is a review game where students match pieces of different Mexican symbols. When the different cards are put together, they represent a traditional aspect of Mexican culture.
- The Battle on the 5th of May - In this activity, students research the battle that took place in Mexico which is celebrated by Cinco de Mayo. They then choose a scene from the battle and recreate it in a drawing.
- We Can Win Too - The Mexican army won a battle they were sure they were going to lose. In this lesson, students draw a picture about a challenge they faced that they thought they couldn't overcome.
More Lesson Plans From Other Sites
- A Gallery of Mexican Art- Students tour a virtual gallery of Mexican Art and create a glossary of art terms.
- Bean and Seed Mosaic- A Visual arts lesson where the students design and construct their own bean and seed mosaic that will emphasize line, shape and color.
- Cinco de Mayo Lesson- Understands various aspects of family life, structures, and roles in different cultures and in many eras.
- Cinco de Mayo Wrap Activity- Hands-on activities make learning fun for students. Don't forget to practice good sanitation and safety!
- Cinco de Mayo Mini Unit- Students will know why Cinco de Mayo is recognized as a national holiday in Mexico.
- How to make "The Star"
- Mexico and Its Neighbor to the North- Students stage a debate about immigration between the United States and Mexico.
- Paper Bag Poncho- For Cinco de Mayo on May 5th (or any day of the year), have yourself a special day complete with Mexican food and Mexican clothes like brightly colored ponchos.
- The Beat of Mexico- Students learn about mariachi music and create their own rhythm instruments.
- Where in the World Is Mexico?- Students create puzzles of a map of Mexico.