Lesson Plan Title : Art Across the Ages: Renaissance - Post-Modernism
Overview and Purpose: We will look at all of the following areas and eras:
MODERN & POST-MODERN
Post-Modern Classicism Victorian Revival
The student will demonstrate knowledge of art across history and knowledge of the periods to which the objets d'art belong
1. The student will learn about the evolution of artistic style
Computer, Internet, microphone, CamStudio
1. Put up picture (Frescoes on the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel)
2. Introduce the artist (Michaelangelo) and the talk about the painting style he used.
1.download CamStudio video generator
2.Open the program
3.Under the Region menu, click the Full Screen option
4.Under the Options menu, select the Record Audio from Microphone option
5.Click the Red Circle button to begin Recording
6.open a few examples of your chosen period's artwork
7.talk about the artistic style of the period, include famous artists and works from the period, cycle through the examples as you reach them
8.save your file as LastnameFirstinitialPeriodname.avi
1. student practice making camstudio videos
2. familiarize students with file name format
3. Students make their own camstudio project on the period that they are working on.
Accommodations (Differentiated Instruction)
1. For visually impaired students, the project will be done with audio components, and the student(s) will be placed into groups with non-impaired students to build the project
2. For students who are auditorially impaired, headphones can be provided to hear the sound at a greater level of volume, additionally, an attempt can be made at subtitling the videos
The projects will be scored based on the level of research indicated by ht project. Additionally, feedback will be given by the instructor and the student's peers on ways that the presentation was good, and on how it could be improved in the future.
1. Discuss what the students learned about their periods during the research and project creation.
2. Discuss favorite pieces out of each artistic period.
1. The assessment will be a quiz on the artistic periods that are covered by the in-class presentations.
2.Quiz will be out of 20 points, and will be given up to 10 additional points on the grade based on the student's presentation, thus making a 30 point grade for the after-presentation quiz