Double Replacement Reactions and Gas Laws Lesson Plan
AB + BC+ AD+CB
Pressure, Volume, Temperature, Charles Law, Boyle's Law, Combined Gas Law
Goals / Aims of The Lesson Plan
1. I want kids to be able to identify them
2. Understand what they are learning
3. Know the formulas
4. Students will understand how a change a gas system of pressure, volume, or temperature affects the overall system.
1. Want them to try it on their own first
2. Quietly working
3. Ask alot of questions
4. The students will be able to apply the gas law by doing five different demos.
Materials and Aids
1. Safety goggles
2. 2-liter bottle of Diet Coke
3. Mentos candy in mint
4. One Aluminum soda can
6. Heat resistant tongs
7. Heating device( hotplate)
9. Baking Soda
10. Vinegar (acetic acid)
11. Butane Lighter
13. Dry Ice
14. Plastic Soft Drink Bottle
16. Chemistry book
17. Paper pen
1. Double replacement occurs when two compounds in aqueos solution appear to exchangeions and form to new compounds.
1.Examples of double displacement
2.CdCl2 + Na2CO3
K2CO3 + CaCl2
Na2SO4 + AgNO3
NH4Cl + AgNO3
1.HCI9 (aq)+NaOH(aq) HOH(L)+NaCI(aq) is a good example of a double displacement
Student explain the following:
1. What is pressure?
2. What is vacuum?
3. Composition of air
4. What is partial pressure?
5. Dalton's Law
6. What is gas?
7. What is vapor pressure?
D. Independent Practice-
1. class worksheets that may become homework
2. bellwork examples
3. a quiz at the end just to make sure they remebered the information
E. Accommodations (Differentiated Instruction)-
1. If needed the kids who need extra help we should let them spend more time on their work , take home if needed.
F. Checking for understanding-
1.Have students hold up plotted graphs to check
2.Section assessment - Students will take a 10 question quiz the beginning of next class period.
1.to be able to identify the formulas
2.be able to complete a couple of problems on their own
2.go over it as a class
To learn lesson to on double replacement as well as we completed lesson one. This was a great lesson I would spread it over 2 days though in the future.