The Online Teacher Resource
Receive free lesson plans, printables, and worksheets by email:
Students and teachers rave about this guide. Awesome for study skills.
Perfect for all subjects and grades. Really helps students visualize.
About This Lesson:
1. Ability to understand financial terms.
2.Ability to do long/short financial planning.
3.Ability to use financial terms in daily life.
2.Learn basic financial concepts.
3.Learn to manage daily finances.
Financial Football (web)
1.Cover background knowledge on finances.
2.Vocabulary terms to define.
3.Does financial matters really matter to you? (Anticipatory set)
1. Explain terms
2. Explain basic financial concepts.
3.Group discussion on financial matters according to student knowledge.
1.Flashcards with terms
2.Play Financial Football
3.Group pair share on what was learned.
D. Independent Practice-
E. Accommodations (Differentiated Instruction)-
1. limit vocabulary
2. use alternative game
3. share independently with teacher
F. Checking for understanding
1. Quiz on vocabulary
2. Score compared to others on web.
3. Students put together a simple monthly budget.
1. Review for understanding
2. Student can search for career and establish a budget based on average income.
Need to find more alternative ways to reach all students.