Early Elementary Behavioral Report Card Comments
1. He/she has had a tough time making the transition from kindergartener to first grader. I am really concerned.
2. ___________ constantly whines. While this was probably the norm in kindergarten, it is completely unacceptable in first grade.
3. I would like to see him/her talk less about the odorous body functions. It is very distracting for the class.
4. He/she still cries a lot. I am going to need your help with this.
5. Homework is a big part of first grade. Please encourage him/her to do his/hers every night.
6. Now that he/she is getting regular letter grades, he/she will need to take more time with his/her tests to ensure that he/she passes.
7. __________ doesn't seem to be prepared for school in the mornings. Please help him to get more organized.
8. ____________ has grown increasingly more disrespectful. The other teachers are starting to comment on his behavior.
9. Let's work together to get _________________ to stop sucking his/her thumb. I will do my best to encourage him/her to stop while at school because it is affecting his/her social relationships.
10. I am so proud of him/her for bringing up his/her grades this quarter!
11. He/she is very rough when he/she is playing on the playground. I have had to correct him/her several times.
12. He/she always goes to sleep. In first grade, we do not take a nap. He/she may need more sleep at night.
13. Your child is progressing very well and is expected to meet all of the key standards for first grade.
14. I am very happy with the improvements that he/she has made in his/her behavior. Keep up the good work!
15. He/she has been nominated for our Star Student award every month this year! His/her classmates really think highly of him/her.
16. ______________ has fantastic work ethic. It's so special to see this in him/her.
17. Each year, I nominate a child to represent our class in the First Grade Council. This year, ______________ has been selected! Congratulations!
18. He/she is still having a hard time keeping his/her hands to himself/herself. We have received many complaints from other students.
19. I would like to see him/her put forth more effort. He/she doesn't try very hard when it comes to his/her assignments.
20. He/she is the hardest working second grader that I know.
21. I expected him/her to exceed the state testing score and she/he did! Great job!
22. Please remind him/her that we do not bring toys to school without permission. Doing so wreaks havoc in our class.
23. He/she has really been a great help in our classroom.
24. I was a little disappointed with his/her behavior recently. He/she has been shouting and berating the other students. I am referring him/her to counseling.
25. The nurse is really getting to know him/her because he/she wants to go there every day. Please talk to him/her about what constitutes a real medical emergency. He/she is missing a lot of valuable class time.
26. He/she was recognized by our principal for having the neatest desk and work area! I am so proud of him/her!