Lesson Plan Title : Thank You Mr. Restaurant
Age Range: Grade 3 through Grade 5 (Elementary Level)
Duration: 45 minutes
Description: Letter writing is an important task for students to learn to master. This lesson helps students begin this process.
To write a letter to a local restaurant.
1. Students will learn the letter writing process.
2. Students will write letters to their favorite restaurant.
- Have students brainstorm their favorite restaurants and record those restaurants on the board.
- Show the students how to write a letter including Dear... and Sincerely,
- After students have decided on their favorite restaurants, have them write down why they like to eat at the restaurant, and what they like to eat.
- Have them use this information to write the letter and thank the manager for their service.
- Check these for errors and have the students edit and rewrite them. Send them off to the restaurants.
Assessment: Check for spelling, grammar, and complete sentence structure.