Lesson Plan Title : The Geography of St. Vincent
Overview and Purpose: This lesson will explore the geography of the Caribbean isle of St. Vincent. The vocabulary for this lesson includes:
1. Children will the geography of St. Vincent
2. They will learn the culture and customs of St. Vincent
3. They will learn about the foods of St. Vincent
1. Students will be able to identify the name of a country, St. Vincent.
2. They will learn specific details with St. Vincent.
Scissors, glue, markers, crayons/paint, white paper, colorful construction paper, Book: 'Anasi the Spider"
1.Before starting the lesson I will ask children if they know what a country is. I will explain that St.Vincent is a country in the West Indies
2.I will explain that there are several countries in the West Indies
3. I will explain that each country has its own flag, then show the flag of St. Vincent and announce the colors of the flag(blue, green and yellow)
1. I will then read a book to the students called "Anasi the Spider".
2. I will then explain that this book is read to the students in school and in their homes.
3. I will also let the students know that this book is a part of their culture.
1.Children will plant different foods from St. Vincent.
2. Children will identify a sequence of events that takes place after the seeds of different foods are planted.
1. I will explain to the students that carnival is a form of St. Vincent's culture.
2. I will have the children graph the events that takes place during carnival such as (Kiddie carnival, Miss SVG etc.)
3. Students will see which activity the class prefers.
Accommodations (Differentiated Instruction):
1.Children will make a flag of St. Vincent
2. Other children will draw a map of St. Vincent and identify the capital and other places in St. Vincent.
1. I will then ask the students different questions about events that took place in the story I read.
2. I will question the students about St. Vincent culture and foods.
3. I will also ask questions pertaining to the geography of St. Vincent.
Teacher and students will discuss the days activity