Websites For Learning All About Insect, Insects
|Skills Workbook- Insects||Internet Comp. - Insects|
|Mixed Skills Workbook- Insects||Insect Worksheets|
|Insect Web Sites For Teachers||Reading Comp.- Insects Theme|
|Insects Teaching Theme||Word Scrambles - Insects Theme|
- Bug Identification - A dichotomous key for identifying unknown bugs.
- The Creepy Crawly Zoo - Traveling "live" insect exhibit. Offers school visits, bug listings, and links.
- Deadly Insects: Killer Bees and Termites Wreak Havoc - Article reveals the tremendous damage insects can do.
- Earwig - Lists where they can be found, what they eat, and what they look like.
- Infography - Insect Behavior - List of sources recommended for the study of insect behavior.
- Insectclopedia - An encyclopedia of Internet insect resources.
- Insectmania - Celebrate the unique qualities of the insect world through the artwork and written expressions of children. Insect humor, facts, and related sites are also featured.
- Kendall Bioresearch Services - Guide to the classification and identification of insects and other arthropods, with biological notes and examples for all major groups. Information on control of rural and domestic insect pests.
- NOVA Online: Creepy Crawlies - Explores the kinds of bugs that live in your home and even on your body. From PBS.
- Pherobase - Extensive database on insect pheromones and semiochemicals.
- Public Health Entomology - Public Health Entomology Research and Education Center conducts research on mosquito control. The site has downloadable "Entguides" on a number of insect species.
- Social Insects Web - Devoted to assembling databases about social insects, organizing research and standardizing research methods, and providing information and news updates.
- Systematic Entomology - Guide to online insect systematic resources from North Carolina State University.
- University of Alberta Entomology Collection - Searchable database of the E.H. Strickland Entomological Museum, with photographs of many specimens.
- University of Kentucky Entomology for Kids - It's a natural reaction to be frightened of some insects, but some large bugs are not harmful at all. This site teaches kids to distinguish between harmless bugs and their not-so-harmless relatives.
- Wonderful World of Insects - A kid-friendly site with an abundance of information about insects and related organisms.