The Online Teacher Resource
Receive free lesson plans, printables, and worksheets by email:
- Over 2,500 Printables
- For All Grade Levels
- Apply Each Step
- Form Experiments
Energy charge in matter, conductors, and insulators. Thermodynamics - Heat Transfer
positive, negative, and neutrally charged particles: ( protons,electrons, and neutrons.) A good conductor and a bad conductor.
1. Teach my class the differently charged particle terms and meanings.
2. Teach my class that all substances can be arranged to conduct electric charge.
3. Teach the difference between conductors and insulators.
4. Students should be able to know how the ice cream was made by the transfer of heat.
5. Students should know the definition of heat transfer and how it was appiled to the activity.
6. Students should be able to evaluate there results and why making the ice cream worked and why it didn't (if that was the result).
1. Ask class if they know the different types of electric charge and the
terms. Also, ask if they know what the differnce is between a conductor
and an insulator is.
2. Demonstrate a lesson on the powerpoint slides
3. Hand out a work sheet, then quiz, then homework to each student.
4. To teach the students about heat transfer.
2. To help students to understand a part of physics in a simple and easy way.
Power point presentation, worksheet, quiz, and homework sheet with correct answer keys.
1. Sandwich and gallon baggies
2. 1/2 cup of milk
3. 1 tbsp of sugar
4. 1 tsp of vanilla extract
5. 6 tbsp of salt
6. 2 cups of ice (about to tray full)
7. Plastic cups
9. Green food coloring
1.Electric charge (protons, neutrons, and electrons.)
2.Like charges attract opposite charges repel.
3.The difference between a Conductor and an Insulator.
1.Power point presentation slides which vary.
2.Provide the class with valid explanations on why and how this topic occurs in everyday life.
1.Hand out worksheet.
D. Independent Practice-
1.Hand out home work.
E. Accommodations (Differentiated Instruction)-
1.Give a pop quiz on everything i taught during the class.
F. Checking for understanding-
1.Go over the pop quiz providing help with any questions the students got wrong and giving them the correct answers.
1.End with a conclusion on the topic while introducing to them what the next topic has to do with.
1.Make a mean score of the classes quiz grade.
2. Students will answer a question at the end of the activity to explain what happened and what they learned.
See what needs to be more closely concentraded on during the next lesson.
- Fathers of Science
- Great Series
- Vocabulary Focusers