Lesson Plan Title : Part my Speech
Age Range: Grade 9 through Grade 12 (High School Level)
Duration: 45 minutes
Description:6 ideas for teaching parts of speech.
The purpose of this lesson is to help students realize the importance of adj., adv., prep., and verbs
Student will understand the importance of adj, adv, prep, and verbs.
Begin by reviewing the parts of speech mentioned above. Especially for ESL of lower level students. Then have students choose 3 of the following activities to place into a folder.
1.Use a newspaper article to find adjectives.
2. Write a description of your room and underline adjectives.
3. Write a paragraph on how to do something without using any helping verbs.
4. Write a paragraph without using any action verbs.
5. Make a list of 10 verbs and give each an adverb.
6. Make a list of 10 adverbs and give each a verb
Assessment: Evaluate folders to make sure that students understand the parts of speech. Continue to add to the folder as the year goes on.