Lesson Plan Title : Bubbles Everywhere
Age Range: Kindergarten through Grade 2 (Early Elementary Level)
Duration: 45 minutes
Goals: To use sensory details to write sentences about things students have experienced.
Objectives: Students will remember a time that relates to what the are experiencing.
Students will write sentences in groups that reflect those memories.
- Gather the bubbles the students will use.
- Take them outside and allow them to blow the bubbles.
- Bring them back inside and have them divide into groups.
- Have them describe what their experience was like.
- Have the students answer the question what it was like?
- Have students share their answers out loud with the class.
- Then using sentence strips for have students write sentences describing what the experience was like.
- Next have students use sentence strips to recall a time when they did something similar.
Assessment: Examine students' sentence strips for understanding of complete sentences.