Early Childhood Language Arts
|Literature||Sites To Use With Students|
|Nursery Rhymes||The Alphabet|
- ABC's of Reading- Suggestions for teaching reading, and activities that help create a desire to read and reinforce reading skills and comprehension in younger children.
- Beginning Reading and Writing- Lesson plans and other activities for teaching early literacy skills.
- EFL Playhouse: Resources for Teachers of Young Learners- Educational games, songs, fingerplays, chants, and other language arts activities for use with young learners.
- Helping Your Child Learn To Read- Free consumer report with activities for children from infancy through age 10.
- Kindergarten:Language Arts- Provides simple interactive learning activities designed for kindergarten students. From Kidport.com.
- School-Home Links: Kindergarten Activities- Features 100 reading and literacy activities appropriate for kindergarteners. From the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Reading Genie- The Reading Genie offers links and lessons on learning to read. Of special interest are research-based yet practical ideas for teaching phoneme awareness. Also, you fill find an account of the letterbox lesson, a hands-on approach to teaching beginners to spell and decode.