How to Study
Help students learn to study well. We offer a number of great resources.
Great printable graphic organizers for all subjects and grade levels!
Planning a School Assembly Checklist
Planning a school assembly is fun but hectic at the same time for teachers.
The dos and don'ts of planning a school assembly are to be well considered
before organizing one. No matter what the event is, the basics always remain
the same. Therefore, every teacher must have a school assembly checklist
to ensure the success of the whole event.
Firstly, to organize a proper assembly it is imperative to classify the
responsibilities into three categories; tasks to be undertaken before the
event, tasks during the school assembly and activities to carry out right
after the assembly. Categorizing your tasks will make it easier to organize
Checklist for tasks before the event:
Here's a school assembly checklist for tasks you should perform before
- Choose a single theme for the event to get administrative approval if necessary.
Select a date that is convenient for the staff and students. Make sure the
date does not conflict with any other events held by the school.
- Develop a set of rules for the event that should include the time limit,
attire to be worn, the dos and don'ts for students and teachers, etc.
- Make a list of guests - students, teachers, principal, and any outsider
- Create invitation cards for special guests - You can have your students
make them as a fun activity.
- Create a management plan of how to carry out the activities on the day of
the school assembly.
Checklist for the day of assembly:
The following is a list of tasks and considerations teachers need to make for
the day of assembly:
- Before the assembly starts, check whether everyone is ready for the activities
they are carrying out.
- Check the audio and visual equipment thoroughly to avoid any mishaps.
- If any special guests are invited, make sure that you and the principal
are ready to welcome them.
- Distribute lists of the activities to be held to parents, students and guests.
- Distribute questionnaires to guests and parents afterwards to know their
comments about the event.
- Check if the refreshments are ready to be served on time.
- Make sure the welcome speech is ready. Let the guests, students, and parents
know in the welcome speech about the purpose of the event and the activities
once again. After the School assembly checklist: It is important to create
an after school assembly checklist to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
Here are some tips for that:
- Most important - make sure all the guests are taken care of properly
once the event is over.
- Make sure all the equipment used are unplugged and kept safely.
- Make sure to acknowledge everyone - guests, sponsors, performers, etc.
- Create a file of activities that were carried out, guests who came, sponsors,
etc. for next year.
- Take all suggestions in writing from guests, parents, and others involved.
For More On School Assemblies Visit
- Academic Entertainment-
K-12 school assembly programs through quality entertainment.
Assemblies is a bank of over 100 resources written by teachers for teachers.
They should save you time when creating and preparing assemblies for use
with your class, year group or school.
- The assemblies website-
United Kingdom site.
- Circus of the Kids- Provides
programs for K-12 schools or organizations.
- National Theatre for Children-
Develops programs that tour elementary and middle schools teaching kids
about societal issues.
- The Puppet Showplace Theatre-
A non-profit performing arts organization committed to excellence in puppetry
for all audiences.
Theatre, Sunderland- Amateur theatre group site with information about
their history and past and present productions.
- School Assemblies
for Busy Teachers- A site where teachers can freely download and submit
assembly, ideas, scripts, and links.
- School Shows.com- A nationwide
directory of school shows, assemblies, workshops, and residencies. Please
note: The performers in this directory are solely responsible for
the content of their listing.
- Storyteller.net- "You
can search here for a teller in your own neighborhood or even around the
world! If a state or country is not listed we have no tellers from that