Top 600 High School Vocabulary Words
- Great For College Prep
- Meets National Standards
1000 of the Most Often Used Words
- Test Prep Time-saver
- A Great Resource
How to Learn New Vocabulary Words Quickly
Learning new vocabulary words can be accelerated if you study using a method
that caters to your learning style. Visual learners learn words best by
seeing words repeatedly. Auditory learners learn words best by hearing words
repetitively. Kinesthetic learners learn words best by writing words repetitively.Visual
- use flashcards.
- Play Post-it vocabulary memory games.
- work with various word puzzles.
- draw pictures of words often.
Auditory learners should:
- read the words and definitions aloud.
- record themselves saying the words and definitions. They should then
playback these recordings.
Kinesthetic learners should:
- look at the word and definition . Cover up the word and definition.
Then, try to write the word and definition. Students should then check
their work and repeat.
- make their own word puzzles and collaborate with visual learners.