1. an inability to resist the gratification of whims and desires.
6. a harvest festival celebrated from Dec. 26th until Jan. 1st
in some African-American communities.
7. a glittering metallic substance used in pieces or strips to
produce a sparkling effect cheaply.
8. a figure of a person made of packed snow.
9. complete and wholehearted fidelity.
11. an accessory or detail used to beautify the appearance of
15. the act or ceremony of crowning a king, queen, or other sovereign.
2. the Hindu festival of lights, celebrated as a religious holiday
3. something used to beautify or commemorate.
4. the ninth month of the Islamic calendar; the month of fasting;
the holiest period for the Islamic faith.
5. a period of time set aside for feasting and celebration.
10. a Jewish festival lasting eight days, in commemoration of
the rededication of the Temple by the Maccabees following their
victory over the Syrians under Antiochus IV, characterized chiefly
by the lighting of the menorah on each night of the festival.
12. having or displaying great dignity or nobility.
13. something revealed or disclosed.
14. the day on which the Zen tradition commemorates the enlightenment,
or nirvana, of the Buddha.