Visual Art Lesson Plans
- Abstract Art and Texture - After completing this section, the student will state the differences between actual and implied texture and will also be able to recognize rhythms in the pattern.
- Balance In Art - To describe, identify and demonstrate the four types of balance using collage and/or drawing using the concept of Surrealism.
- Drawing 3D Shapes and Making 3D Glasses - Seeing 3 D Shapes on 2 D surface. TLW create 3-D glasses following patterns provided.
- Drawing is a Verb - Realize that creating and observing art is a subjective process.
- Group Visual Art Project - Groups of students will each be assigned a famous painting. These paintings will be printed, and the image will be cut and divided into separate sections, one for each individual student.
- Learning ratios and proportions through scale drawings- To understand that a proportion is an equivalent relation between two ratios.
- Line and Shape Game- Teach about types of lines (vertical, horizontal, slant, curve, wavy, zigzag) and shapes (circle, oval, square, rectangle, triangle, trapizoid, parrallelogram, pentagon, hexagon, octagon).
- Make a space ship- Some space ships take days to construct. Others can be built quickly. These questions might help you get started. You'll have your own ideas. Experiment!
- Portrait Drawing- Uses art media, techniques, and processes to enhance communication of expression and ideas.
- Pumpkin Seed Mosaics- Mosaics are made of tiny colored pieces of stone, pottery, glass or other materials, arranged together and set in plaster or cement to make patterns and images. They can be used to decorate a floor, a wall or in some cases a ceiling.
- Spider Web Art- This is a great project for the month of October. My kids really enjoyed this and I am sure your's will to.