How Do You Become a Pilot?
It is always nice to fly a plane and a lot of people say that being a professional pilot is a challenging occupation. Before you can fly a plane, it is imperative that you first be issued a Federal Aviation license from the State. This certificate is not that easy to obtain because you have to exert a lot of effort plus you really have to be dedicated in studying aviation and aeronautics. Being a pilot is not an easy job. It is actually very risky but the pay is really high because this is the kind of arts and business which is considered as an elite profession.
The following are important tips on how you can become a professional pilot and how you can survive in this type of arts and business.
1. You have to find a good school where you can learn everything about flying. There are a lot of flying schools which are available in your area. Even the State's local airport is giving flying lessons to newbies. Research shows that most of these lessons range from $50 to $70 for every 30 minutes but the rate would also depend on the type of plane which you will be using. Naturally, if you will be flying an expensive and new airplane model, the charge will be higher.
2. Flight schools and other schools which are in the same line of arts and business are giving a lot of options especially for those students who are working. You have a lot of flight training courses which you can attend during your free time. However, it is really advised that you first earn your own private pilot license which you can easily get after a few sessions at a local flight school. Most pilots start flying smaller planes and this could be a lot of fun and a thrilling experience for newbies.
3. You will be facing a lot of flight instructors when you enroll. It is always wise to hire the services of veteran pilot professors who have had a lot of experience in flying. You will definitely learn a lot from him rather than hiring a new pilot as an instructor. It will also be easier for you to earn your private license if you train with a professional.
4. Flying a plane can be really addicting so you have to think a million times if you really want this profession as a lifetime career. If you are still young and on your way to college, it is strongly advised for you to enroll in a regular four year degree in aviation. You always have the advantage if you finish a degree because most airlines hire pilots who are not only good in flying a plane but who have finished a degree in aviation management as well.
5. The next step for you to take is to earn your commercial pilot license and you can only have this license once you complete the comprehensive flight program which is being offered by several aviation universities. Being a licensed commercial pilot could open a lot of opportunities in your professional career. This is actually the start of your long and prosperous career in the field of aviation services.
6. If you want to work for an airline company, you should consider having your own airline transport pilot license. This is very hard to achieve because you have to finish a minimum of 1500 hours of air flight and you can only be issued this type of license if you had the previous licenses like the commercial pilot license and private pilot license.