The Online Teacher Resource
Receive free lesson plans, printables, and worksheets by email:
- Just Click and Print!
- Teachers Love It!
- 15,000+ English
- 5,000+ Math
Without a doubt, music has come a long way from the moment the classical music has received extreme popularity in the past. Modern people are now capable of producing music on their own and most of them are trying to build a good name and reputation in the music industry. However, the timeless pieces of music that have been created in the past by renowned musicians are still around today. Below are some of the most influential musicians that continue to inspire present and aspiring musicians:
1. Beethoven. Born in Germany, Beethoven is considered to be one of the most important names in the music industry. His story is considered to be extremely inspiring. He was known to be completely deaf even at a very young age since his father used to beat his ears whenever he commits mistakes when playing the piano. Despite the abuse of his father, Beethoven tried to live his life normally and created the most beautiful type of music in Germany and Austria during his time. He was able to write nine symphonies and this is considered by people as extremely amazing because he was the only composer who was able to create the highest number of symphonies at a time. Up to the present, Beethoven has become a respectable name in the music industry.
2. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Born in Austria, Mozart is referred to as one of the most famous and influential composers of all time because of his ability to show a unique style when creating music. He can actually change a light and airy mood into an ominous and dark one just by using his talent in composing music. During that period when he was still a professional musician, he was able to write many operas that have become a source of inspiration for most people. Because of his major contributions in the music industry, it is no longer surprising why his name is still extremely popular until today.
3. The Beatles. This is an English rock band which was formed in Liverpool, England. The members of this band include Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison. The Beatles have become among the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful bands in the music industry. In UK, the band was able to release a minimum of forty different singles and albums that reach number one on music charts. The success of the band continued when it has become popular even in other countries. In the year 1985, it was estimated that about one billion of the band's discs and tapes were sold worldwide. The cultural impact and innovative music of the Beatles actually defined the 1960s. In fact, the influence of the Beatles on pop culture is visible up to the present.
4. The Supremes. The Supremes are known to be among the most successful African American musical acts in the 60's. They were able to record a dozen of American number one hits during the years 1964 and 1969. The singles of this group were actually written and produced by Holland-Dozier-Holland which is known to be the main songwriting and production team of Motown. The success of the Supremes actually opened a lot of opportunities for R&B and black soul musicians. Until today, this type of music is still embraced by millions of people in different parts of the world.
5. Bob Dylan. He was born as Robert Allen Zimmerman on the 24th of May 1941. He is known to be an American singer and songwriter, musician, poet and author. For more than five decades, Bob Dylan has become a major figure in the field of music. Among the most popular works of Dylan are those that are introduced in the 1960s particularly that period when he became a reluctant purveyor and an informal chronicler of American unrest. Some of his songs including The Times are Changing and Blowing in the Wind have become extremely popular in civil rights and anti-war movements.