High School Arts and Humanities Lesson Plans
- Cubomania - Cubomania is a technique used in surrealist art. It involves taking a photograph, cutting it up, and reassembling it in a new way.
- Drawing the Trapezoid Human - Students will be able to draw a human figure in proper proportion by employing geometric shapes they are familiar with already.
- I-Paint, I-draw, I-see - To gain information on an art career, and skill in paiting and figure study.
- Frottage - Textured rubbings are fun to do, but often they are left as just that. In this lesson, students are challenged to incorporate those textures into their pictures.
- Learning About Surrealism - Some goals of this lesson is to be able to tell the difference between the Surrealist movement and any other art movement.
- Ndebele Object Painting - The learner will organize the components of a work into a cohesive whole through knowledge of organizational principles of design and art elements.
- Parsemage - Parsemage involves creating pictures by laying chalk dust or charcoal in water and then putting paper under it and lifting the paper up.
- Proto Renaissance - Students will recognize the shift in style, substance and subject. Students will recognize the use of oil.
- Screen Printing - Teach students how to create a screen print. Allow them the freedom to express what is important to them.
- Scratchboard Pictures - Students create pictures out of scratchboard in this lesson. The animals or objects they can choose are limitless, but the greater the detail, the more the picture will stand out.
- 60 Second Famous Artist Report - Students will research important information about their artist.
Other Lesson Plans That We Enjoy
- Allegory in Painting
- An Introduction to the Relationship Between Composition and Content in the Visual Arts
- Color Me Happy: Color, Mood, and Tone
- Common Visions, Common Voices
- Everything in Its Right Place: An Introduction to Composition in Painting
- Horse of a Different Color: An Introduction to Color in the Visual Arts
- Images at War
- In Depth with the Full Spectrum
- Learning the Blues