The Online Teacher Resource
Receive free lesson plans, printables, and worksheets by email:
- Get Ready Quick!
- What A Timesaver!
- 30 Printables For You
- Have A Speedy Day!
The first two weeks of a school year is chaotic, at times, a weighs a great deal on teachers and students alike. Here are a number of things you can do to make your year start off right:
1. Talk to your friends and family - Make sure that they are aware that you will be very busy during this time.
2. Don't Panic, Plan-it - If you plan well, every thing should fall into place. Just make sure your plans cover all variables.
3. Create a Checklist - Write down everything you need to do to have a successful first time weeks. Work your way down the list.
4. Get Your Room/Space Ready to go! - Do this days before students come in.
5. Self Reflect - Ask yourself "Are the kids going to like this lesson." Make revisions until you find a format that is both educational and engaging.