Helping Students That Are Compulsive Talkers
What if you do nothing?
- Starting class will be tough.
- Everyone is distracted and others join in.
- If you take too long to address it, students will see it as unfair.
- Identify Why They Are Talking- Attention, Peer Status, Sense of Achievement, Aggression?
- Talk Privately With Students Right Away
- Contact Parents/Guardians
- React Consistently
- Give Students Small Helper Tasks
- Position Student Closer To You (Teacher)
- Reinforce Positive Behavior
- Find Time to listen to the student. Build a solid Teacher-Student relationship.