Top 10 Tips For Student Teachers
For our friends that are new to the profession, here is some help. Student teaching can be the toughest time of your life. Here are some things we wish someone would have told us prior to starting our student teaching placement.
- Always be early!
- Be Professional. Both in the way you dress and act.
- Be very flexible. Expect the unexpected.
- Plan slightly ahead, so you can give your input on new lessons and units.
- Give it your all! This is your time to learn, make the most of it.
- Be friendly to everyone. They will help you forever!
- Observe every single teacher you can! See teachers at all levels and subject areas. You might just learn something new.
- Realize that you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
- Ask, ask, and ask again.
- Work on classroom management as much as possible!