Teachnology

The Online Teacher Resource

Go Back   Teachnology Teacher Forum > Grades 3-5: Upper Primary Teachers Forum
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Veteran

Default Space bulletin boards

My school has a theme each year. This year it is "space"--and I have searched endlessly for some creative ideas for bulletin boards with no results. There are tons of ideas involving "Blast Off to ____ Grade", but I want something a bit more original. I teach fourth grade. Any ideas out there?
Old 06-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

Smile idea

How about a bulletin board entitled "4th grade rocks!" and have each student's name on an asteroid.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

Default idea

Another bulletin board idea titled "Our class is out of this world" with their names on planets and stars, etc...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Veteran

Smile space bulletin boards

Great ideas! Thank you so much!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

Thumbs up

I use fabric that depicts the constellations, and a wonderful poster saying "Reach for the moon, you might just land among the stars!"

I also have a brightly-colored heading - Stellar Work. The students love it.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

Default Space

Try this web site www.galacticart.com This space art would be easy to do as an outdoor activity os your space unit.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

My School's theme is "Wild About Learning" This is my first year teaching and I will be teaching 4th grade. I have to come up with creative ideas for math, science and social studies bulletin boards. I am drawing a blank. Help please.....
Old 08-05-2006, 11:41 PM
teachjam
Visiting Teacher

Wink space bboards

Go to www.proteacher.com and click on their Bulletin Board area. There are hundreds of ideas at this wonderful site or type in space in the search box at the site also.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

Default space bulletin boards

First I stapled christmas lights to the board ,then covered with black fabric edged with rockets boarder,cut slits so "stars" can show ,cut out astronauts and stapled them as if floating in space,take pictures of each child add face to the astronauts.. mrs smiths class is out of this world
Old 09-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Unregistered
Visiting Teacher

Thumbs up

Each month have a mission to somewhere and change to a different planet. "Mission To Mars", "Mission To Saturn" etc. Have the kids design their own space shuttle and logo. Then set a grid and move their shuttle as they continue to reach their goal. As they reach a goal have a little reward. Such as mood pencils that say " space mission" or whatever you would like. Let them paint a moon rock for one goal, or mine for a moon rock. However, you would like it and at the end of the year have a special "Mr./Ms.Whatever Class is Rocking in Space" party. My k-5 grades loved this when I did it with them.
Sherie